It’s not a joke
It’s not romantic
It’s never OK
IT IS A CRIME
Paladin – the new National Stalking Advocacy Service CIC was established in the spring of 2013 following the highly successful Stalking Law Reform Campaign in Parliament. The Co-Directors are Laura Richards, a criminal behavioural analyst and adviser, Harry Fletcher, formerly of Napo, and Allison Mann, Financial Director of Safer Places, a domestic violence charity. The Stalking Law Reform campaign was spearheaded by Harry Fletcher and Laura Richards with the help of generous grants from the Joseph Rowntree Reform Trust.
Stalkers steal lives and also take lives, if their behaviour remains unchecked and they are allowed to escalate. In many cases this has resulted in serious violence, rape and in some cases murder. This is about homicide prevention and this unique stalking advocacy service will not only save lives, it will also save money by ensuring a co-ordinated response and the appropriate support for victims.
Paladin will assist high risk victims throughout England and Wales. A number of Independent Stalking Advocacy Caseworkers (ISACs) will ensure high risk victims of stalking are supported and that a co-ordinated community response is developed locally to keep victims and their children safe.
Aims of the unique and pioneering advocacy service
- Provide strategic advocacy to high risk victims of stalking
- Establish a network of victims who have endured stalking, providing mutual support and empowerment
- Provide test case advocacy aimed at changing law and practice through the courts
- Campaign based on extrapolating from our case work experiences
- Provide training
- Provide post-legislative scrutiny